Friday, November 24, 2006

WInter, Porridge, Barley and Six Miles


Well, where did that month go? Can't believe that I can see December on the horizon. Actually, there is no question that winter is here, the second quilt is on the bed, I no longer walk naked around the house (the budgie says thank you) and yes, Jilly's delicious breakfast crumble has been replaced by steaming bowls of porridge, topped with a few tinned prunes, some almonds and a spoonful of honey. It's great! You should try it. The honey keeps the colds and coughs away, the prunes keep me regular, the almonds keep my usual winter depression at bay and the porridge, well that just keeps me going!!

I need to keep going these days because in truth, I've never been so busy. Not only have I just launched a whole suite of sites that focus on internet marketing but of course, I am still running. I have just gone through the 6 mile barrier so that puts me on track with around 20 weeks to go, give or take, to keep increasing my distance by a mile every week. My initial course is well and truly waterlogged so I am starting to run round in circles (or figures of eight for a change :o).

To be honest, I'm enjoying it and what with the exercise, keeping busy, the almonds and staying off the alcohol (yes, still) I have kept my usual mind numbing and debilitating dark clouds away. If you too suffer from depression then I certainly recommend it. I'm actually enjoying have to light a log fire in the evening (as long as I don't think about global warming for too long).

I think that's about it for now (sorry, no poems about sex today :o) but I just want to mention barley for a second. You see, a friend of mine is a farmer and he told me that winter barley always crops better than the barley sown in spring. You see, even though the winter barley doesn't grow that much in the winter months, its roots have a chance to go deeper. When growing season finally comes with the warmer weather then whoosh! Off it goes. What's this got to do with this blog? Well, as I've just told I've just launched a site that specializes in internet marketing strategy and one of the tactics we talk about a lot of article marketing.

Well, think of articles as winter barley and you'll start to get the idea. The more articles you sow, the more time you allow to pass, the deeper the roots of those articles go. If you write and submit your articles correctly then it wont be long before other sites start to publish those articles. Over time, those articles get sucked into 'publishing databases' and then more sites publish your articles. Those early sites also start to mature, gaining pagerank and links of their own, thereby passing some of that authority to you. So there you have it, winter barley. It may seem that on the surface that not much is happening but there is a lot going on just below the surface, just like your articles.

No comments: