Monday, March 05, 2007

Die Trying


It's official! I am now a globe trotter! I have trotted, or jogged, in the UK, China, Australia, South Africa and now back in the UK. China was very interesting, so a big thanks to Tim and Emma for hosting us in their Shanghai apartment for a night. I managed a short run around Century Park but I must admit the smog was a little heavy and it felt like I'd smoked 20 cigarettes when I'd finished. We then went on to sunny Australia to renuite with my beautiful children and before I knew it I was running along the sandy shores of the NSW South Coast, Lake Conjola and Wollongong in the main. Then on the way back to the UK we jogged around Joburg and finished with a few days in spectacular Camps Bay, Cape Town. Along the way I've struggled with this calf muscle so I am nowhere near where I wanted to be with only 7 (gulp) weeks to go before the main event. Today I ran 8 miles and it really hurt and I know there wasn't another mile left in the locker, let alone another 16 miles. But even if it kills me, I am going to run that marathon on April 22nd. That got me thinking, I wonder how many ideas just wither on the vine because of lack of determination, or the lack of will? I wonder how many opportunities get missed? Because it occurred to me, that to die trying is a much better way to go than to live a life that is not lived at all. Much better to fail in one big swoop than to fail a little bit every single day. Worth thinking about? I bet my life on it.
PS I've also being some market research so please check out these pages if you're looking for the best hosting packages or are interested in getting a personal loan of any description.


No comments: